domingo, 11 de marzo de 2012

Cory Asbury


Cory Asbury began leading worship at his church in North Carolina at the age of 17. Even from childhood, music has always had a profound impact on him. "I'd find a CD that I really loved, that really moved my heart and just sit in my room, silent and still and just listen," Cory says. He was originally planning to attend UNC Chapel Hill when the Lord redirected his path. Through a few friends who had just graduated the One Thing internship at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, he was encouraged to go and check it out for himself. "Thinking the internship was solely dedicated to raising up young worship leaders, I decided to come. I soon found that the Lord had tricked me into something much bigger than myself." This internship required each intern to study, worship and pray in the prayer room for long hours each day. After 6 months he "realized that this was what I was made for. To sit before Him and love Him."

Cory Asbury comenzoliderando la adoracion en su Iglesia en Carolina del Norte a los 17 años. Aun desde su niñez, la musica siempre hizo un profundo impacto en él. "Encontre un CD que realmente me encanto, que realmente tocó mi corazon y solo me sente en mi cuarto, en silencio y solo escuché" dice Cor- Él estaba planeando concurrir a UNC Chapel Hill cuando el Señor lo redirecciono en su camino. A través de unos cuantos amigos que se habian recien graduado de la pasantia One Thing en la Casa Internacional de Adoracion en la Ciudad de Kansas, se animó a vivirlo él mismo. "Pensar en la pasantia era unicamente para dedicarme a criar lideres de alabanza jovenes, decidi ir. Pronto me di cuenta de que Dios me habia puesto en algo mas grande que yo". Esta pasantia le requeria mucho estudio a cada estudianto, alabar y orar en el cuarto de oracion por muchas horas casa dia. Luego de 6 meses "me di cuenta que esto era para lo que estaba hecho. Sentarme frente a Él y amarlo."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario